Thursday, September 1, 2011

Pepto Bismol Jingle


Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea. HEY! Minus diarrhea, plus 28 other Mono & GBS symptoms. 

Last night was rough for Drew. He had a fever so they gave him a cocktail of medications, which in turn made him nauseous. After they got that all under control he slept reasonably well. This morning Drew had plasmaphersis- it lasted two hours. He has been getting bad back pain from the pheresis- not fun. Physical therapy is here now and they are going to do some stretching in bed and then put him in a chair to see if that helps. The PT said and I quote that ‘He is weak as a kitten’.

This morning I was reminded of how God is using this experience as part of a much bigger story. I know that I will not be the same after this is said and done. I don’t want to be the same… I hope to have much more compassion for others who have gone through something similar to this. I hope to cherish moments with healthy loved ones more.  

Thanks for the balloons and cards- they are a constant reminder to Drew of how much he is loved & that people are praying for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment